Another IPL toon, I know, but couldn’t ignore this screaming headline “New Chairman promises IPL clean-up” - the new chairman being Mr.Chirayu Amin. Have fun :-)
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Sunday, April 18, 2010
A toon was overdue, and while I am of the opinion that any politician should be above suspicion and follow the law, not just in letter but also in spirit, this is what seems to have happened. It would be sad to lose a minister like Shashi Tharoor, but we all get what we deserve. Or do we?
Saturday, April 17, 2010
Thank you for all the visits and comments, bouquets and brickbats.
I guess a new blogpost or a toon is more appropriate but am going through an idea crunch phase and thought, maybe I could just revisit posts from the last 5 years and put up the ones that give a glimpse of this journey . There have been some ridiculous, naive posts and posts with some of my favourite comics (where the image links are broken).
The blog has also changed from being an Indrajal comics only blog (pssst..this blog was the first to put Indrajal comics online) to its current avatar. But check out some of the posts of the first 3-4 years.
2005 – A tentative start
- The world premiere - the first Indrajal comic posted online
- The gleeful coverage of Bombay rains, not knowing this wasn’t some ordinary rain
- Reaching the magic number of 10,000 hits after about 4 months
- Planning my Paris trip with the help of Google Earth
- The 100th post
2006 – when the blog came into its own
- The first online review of Rang De Basanti
- Sridevi *sigh* in and as Chandni – a filmi comic
- Some Tendulkar bashing
- Protesting against those who protested against George W Bush’s India visit
- Divorce for Dummies – no, this wasn’t a guide
- The politics of eve-teasing
- The series of First anniversary posts with the email that led to this blog
- And the anniversary posts that had over 300 comments
- The Old Jungle Saying Contest
- The Bombay blasts of 11th July 2006
2007 – Almost stopped blogging
- And the blog was two years old – the celebrations were muted, due to a sick controversy
- There was TCP/IP and the Mouse
2008 – Return to blogging and looking for a new avatar
- Then there was a 9 month break and return on 3rd anniversary of this blog
- The end of a relationship
- The Weak, the Desperate and the Chinese – The first “toon” on the blog
- Singh is King and Commies the villains
- First impressions of the Asus eee PC 1000H (I should do more of these)
- 26/11 – and my response to a Pakistani blogger
This is part one. Will cover 2009 and 2010 in another post – as these 2 years are like a 2.0.
As of typing this, the blog has almost 324K visits, over 650K page views and 6500+ comments.
Once again, thanks. Hope some of the older readers walk in some day and find this post, and some of the newer visitors get to see how this blog got here.