Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Comic #225: Phantom - Halloween Gang

Tuesday, January 06, 2009 Share: Digg Technorati Delicious StumbleUpon Facebook

The last post of 2008 was the comic style presentation of the Bollywood hit, Mr.India - Part 1, and the first post of 2009 was the full version of Mr.India. Some interesting trivia from TCP readers spiced up the post a little (as if pages 26/27 weren't enough) and overall, this TCP original received a warm response, including a mention at one of the best Bollywood blogs out there - Beth Loves Bollywood.

Putting together 40 pages is quite an effort, but the requests to do more such comics means that the next one needs to be planned soon. The movie, format, story, screenshots, creating the comic is going to take some time. And there are a couple of things to sort out before that too. But that shouldn't prevent the posting of a Phantom comic right?

For almost 4 years, all comics have been presented in the standard 8x4 TCP format, a format first seen at TCP and designed keeping in mind the bandwidth constraints of our readers. Bandwidth has become less of an issue in the last 4 years and anyway, most readers prefer to download the zip files. However, presenting the comic is fun and Mr.India - The Comic Book, heralded a new style of presentation. It is not as reliable as 8x4 TCP format but it is an interesting experiment.

Presenting the first comic of 2009 - A contribution by Lord Loh who sent in this comic over a year ago - in the new TCP comic presentation format...



Have fun. Image links will come later. And stay tuned for more this week.

16 comments:

Toonfactory said...

We can download it from Picasa??? Right?
Gonna download it soon...BTW Have posted cpl of pics of my library on my Blog...Do Visit...would like to have ur reactions on it ;) (the Sadistic pleasures of Showing Off)

Colonel Worobu said...

Hi TCP! I just noticed that you have started posting your blog again. I went back to all your December posts and enjoyed reading them.

If you don't mind, I have one suggestion to make. Since this is a comic blog, children also read this blog sometimes. So please try not to use words like "F*K" etc in your posts. It is not my intention to criticize you, so please don't take offense. Hope to see more interesting posts from you!

:o)
col

Beth said...

:)

neylex said...

Dude How do we dowonload this?? Picasa does not even allow to copy the pictures one by one

The Skull Cave Treasures said...

Fantastic way of posting! new by the legend!!

Sameer

Rahul Viswanath said...

Nice ..... :)
TCP u just rock .........

The Comic Project said...

@Toonfactory: To have a collection that's taller than you is not "showing off" :-) It's awesome. Abt downloading from Picasa, I think there is some problem with the setting. Let me fix it. Usually, I post the download link @comiclinks within a couple of days, so that's an option as well. The slideshow style should help in having a quick look.
@Colonel: Just noticed?? Not allowed!! Well, I started again in April 2008, but the frequency has been better since December. So Welcome back, it's great to have you on board.
@Colonel: I honestly did not think that children read TCP. Really didn't think so. I have generally kept the blog clean of expletives (I think), this is among the rare instances. But children or not, I will refrain from using such words. And buddy, no offence taken, you are an old friend. However, the topics covered will be different, stronger and will express my opinions in a direct fashion. If you prefer only comics, just skip them :-)
@Beth: :) back. Nice to see u.
@neylex: Usually a download link is up within a couple of days, but the slideshow should keep you company till then. Let me check out Picasa and what the issue is. Oh, there is a download button on each page. Just tried. It works.
@TSCT: Glad you liked it. Give it a shot, it's neat.
@Rahul: Thanks..Can you imagine that this is the fun we used to have for almost 2 full years? :-) When you find the time, go through the archives and the comments, there was more fun in the comments than the comics.

Sunshine said...

I like my Indrajal Phantom more but I guess things change.. :)

Cloudy/Sketchy: Welcome back. I'm hoping to see you more often here.

The Comic Project said...

@sunshine: I prefer Indrajals too :-) but this contri had to go through.The story is great, and so is the scan.

Cloudy said...

Hey Sunshine! How are you doing, hows the new job and everything?

I know, I love Indrajal too but guiltily went and bought a bunch of Egmonts anyway :-) The stories are more involved, and all sorts of historical references make them so interesting...

But I pledge loyalty to you, Indrajal!

And, lazily stretching legs, sipping a drink, announce ..ahem.. first. This is getting to be a cakewalk.

Cloudy said...

And oh TCP, I like your new comic presentation format too.

The Comic Project said...

@cloudy: More interesting than the 8x4 format. Thanks. Let's see if I can keep the images on picasa (i.e. it is not removed by the service).

@cloudy, sunshine, colonel: good to have you guys back. There were new readers coming along but missed you guys. Are you on twitter?

Colonel Worobu said...

I like the old format better. Easier to download all pages with a download manager in one shot. Better still will be just to post a cover page and a mediafire link for the zip file. Less work for TCP, easier to access for us :o)

The Comic Project said...

@Colonel: I was thinking of doing that, but I like presenting the comics, the pages and everything. I have started providing the zip file within a day and I have uploaded the new flash gordon #226 to Imageshack. What information do you need to download?

The Comic Project said...

@Colonel: Try this to download from Picasa
http://fredericiana.com/2008/09/21/downloading-a-complete-picasa-web-album-without-installing-picasa/

Anonymous said...

I own the original comic, does anyone know what It would be worth?

Post a Comment

Standard text - no abuse, stay on topic, etc.

 
Design by Pocket